The Mission of The Women's Initiative is to provide effective counseling services, social support and education to empower women to transform challenging life situations into opportunities for renewed well-being and personal growth.
The Women’s Initiative is a leader in providing innovative, effective evidence-based mental health care to women, regardless of their financial means.
We believe every woman has a natural capacity for healing that once uncovered and directed, results in better mental and physical health. We believe it is critical to address each woman’s unique emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
We will provide a variety of services that promote a higher quality of life for women facing stressful life situations. We expect that women receiving our services will report that they have successfully:
- clarified personal values, needs, and goals
- built on personal strengths and resources to meet needs and achieve goals
- mastered skills that promote restorative relaxation, calm and confidence
- initiated life changes that lead to reduced stress and greater well being
Your Support Matters
Mental Health Resources & news
- Check out this beautiful website giving voice to people who are coping with mental illness.
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Here is a multi-lingual video series that focuses on mental health issues in the Asian-American community.
- Bring Change 2 Mind is Glenn Close's organization dedicated to reducing the stigma of mental illness.