The Mission of The Women's Initiative is to provide effective counseling services, social support and education to empower women to transform challenging life situations into opportunities for renewed well-being and personal growth.
The Women’s Initiative is a leader in providing innovative, effective evidence-based mental health care to women, regardless of their financial means.
We believe every woman has a natural capacity for healing that once uncovered and directed, results in better mental and physical health. We believe it is critical to address each woman’s unique emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
We will provide a variety of services that promote a higher quality of life for women facing stressful life situations. We expect that women receiving our services will report that they have successfully:
- clarified personal values, needs, and goals
- built on personal strengths and resources to meet needs and achieve goals
- mastered skills that promote restorative relaxation, calm and confidence
- initiated life changes that lead to reduced stress and greater well being
Your Support Matters
News and Events
- 2014 Challenge into Change Writing Contest - TWI looking to honor women who have transformed life challenges into opportunities for growth and positive change. Contest deadline - September 26.
- Would you like to enter the Challenge into Change Writing Contest, but have a hard time putting pen to paper? Join us for one or both of our writing workshops: Friday August 29 and Friday September 19.
- Knitting Group in the Living Room will not meet during the month of August. We will meet twice a week on our regular schedule starting Tuesday, September 2.