The Mission of The Women's Initiative is to provide effective counseling services, social support and education to empower women to transform challenging life situations into opportunities for renewed well-being and personal growth.
The Women’s Initiative is a leader in providing innovative, effective evidence-based mental health care to women, regardless of their financial means.
We believe every woman has a natural capacity for healing that once uncovered and directed, results in better mental and physical health. We believe it is critical to address each woman’s unique emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
We will provide a variety of services that promote a higher quality of life for women facing stressful life situations. We expect that women receiving our services will report that they have successfully:
- clarified personal values, needs, and goals
- built on personal strengths and resources to meet needs and achieve goals
- mastered skills that promote restorative relaxation, calm and confidence
- initiated life changes that lead to reduced stress and greater well being
Your Support Matters
News and Events
- Offices will be closed Wednesday, November 26 - Friday, November 28 for the Thanksgiving Holiday. We will reopen Monday, December 1.
- Healthy Relationships Support Group will begin again on Wednesday, December 3, 10:30 - 12:00 noon at our 1101 E High location.
- The Women's Initiative receives a grant from Verizon. Click here to see the video.
- Many thanks to this year's Challenge into Change Writing Contest entrants! This very moving award ceremony was held Sunday, October 26, 2 - 4 pm at the Jefferson School African American Heritage Center.