we provide vital mental health services for women regardless of ability to pay
The Mission of The Women's Initiative is to provide effective counseling services, social support and education to empower women to transform challenging life situations into opportunities for renewed well-being and personal growth.
The Women’s Initiative is a leader in providing innovative, effective evidence-based mental health care to women, regardless of their financial means.
We believe every woman has a natural capacity for healing that once uncovered and directed, results in better mental and physical health. We believe it is critical to address each woman’s unique emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
Your Support Matters
The women's initiative news & Events
- Announcing our new 8-week drop in group. Release and Relax, Breathe and Stretch starting January 20!. Click here for more information.
- Knitting Group to begin again Tuesday, January 12, 5:30 - 7:00 PM. Experienced and beginning knitters welcome! Knitting help and supplies offered free of charge. Please join us at our Main Office.
- Announcing Sister Circle, our new support group for black women at the Jefferson School City Center. Click here for more information.
- Free HeartMath® sessions with a licensed HeartMath® Coach now being offered on Friday mornings!
Mental Health Resources & news
- September is Suicide Prevention Month. Check out this op-ed in The Daily Progress from a woman in our community who has an important message to share. For more stories from survivors of suicide, visit Dese'Rae Stage's beautiful collection of photographs and stories at Live Through This.
- Bring Change 2 Mind is Glenn Close's organization dedicated to reducing the stigma of mental illness.