We provide vital mental health services for women regardless of ability to pay.
The mission of The Women’s Initiative is to provide women with effective counseling, social support and education so they can transform life challenges into positive change and growth.
All women in our community will have access to innovative, effective, evidence-based mental health care.
We believe every woman has an innate capacity for healing that, once uncovered and directed, results in better mental and physical health. We believe it is critical to address each woman’s unique emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
Your Support Matters
The Women's Initiative News & Events
- Women are always welcome at our Free Walk-in Clinics or can call our office at (434) 872-0047 to learn more about our mental health services.
- Our new Separation & Divorce Group provides a safe environment for women to tell their stories and be with others who understand their experience.
- Read about all our current offerings on our monthly flyer
- We've grown! Join us for a Ribbon Cutting to inaugurate our newly expanded space with special guest Senator R. Creigh Deeds on Monday, May 22, 3:30-5 PM.
- Thank you to everyone who helped make this year's Challenge into Change a success. Learn about our winners and how to get your copy of this year's book by clicking here