We provide vital mental health services for women regardless of ability to pay.
2016 FAmily Barn Party
The mission of The Women’s Initiative is to provide women with effective counseling, social support and education so they can transform life challenges into positive change and growth.
All women in our community will have access to innovative, effective, evidence-based mental health care.
We believe every woman has an innate capacity for healing that, once uncovered and directed, results in better mental and physical health. We believe it is critical to address each woman’s unique emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
Your Support Matters
The Women's Initiative News & Events
- Our 2016 Challenge into Change Writing Contest is now open! Listen to our conversation with WINA's Les Sinclair about this community storytelling effort and read about it in the Daily Progress.
- Explore writing as a practice in self-care and stress reduction in our new group, Everyone Has a Story to Tell.
- A new session of Release and Relax, Breathe and Move begins September 28.
- Take Our Survey! Thank you for taking five minutes to share your thoughts about ways we might better communicate news about our services and programs with you and our community.
- Read about all our current offerings on our monthly flyer!