The Mission of The Women's Initiative is to provide effective counseling services, social support and education to empower women to transform challenging life situations into opportunities for renewed well-being and personal growth.
The Women’s Initiative is a leader in providing innovative, effective evidence-based mental health care to women, regardless of their financial means.
We believe every woman has a natural capacity for healing that once uncovered and directed, results in better mental and physical health. We believe it is critical to address each woman’s unique emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
We will provide a variety of services that promote a higher quality of life for women facing stressful life situations. We expect that women receiving our services will report that they have successfully:
- clarified personal values, needs, and goals
- built on personal strengths and resources to meet needs and achieve goals
- mastered skills that promote restorative relaxation, calm and confidence
- initiated life changes that lead to reduced stress and greater well being
Your Support Matters
News and Events
- Many thanks to this year's Challenge into Change Writing Contest entrants! The award ceremony will be held Sunday, October 26, 2 - 4 pm at the Jefferson School African American Heritage Center. Winners will have the opportunity to share their stories with the audience. All entrants will receive a certificate of achievement for their work. Please join us in celebration of women who have turned life difficulties into positive change and growth.
- TEDx Charlottesville: RefleXions 2014 will be held at the Paramount Theater Friday, November 14. Interested in attending? There are a limited number of free tickets available for current and former clients. Please contact Eboni Bugg, LCSW by October 24 for more information. Phone: 434.202.7692 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshop facilitated by Jody Sweeney & Jim McKinley-Oakes: STOP That's Harassment! A Workshop for Women and Men to Create Sexual Harassment Free Zones. Sunday, November 9, 1 - 4:15 PM at BON Cafe, 100 West South Street. For more information, click here.