Please contribute today and help us empower women in times of challenge and change. Here is how you can make a difference:
- $100 = two psychotherapy sessions
- $500 = a full course of therapy for one woman
- $1,200 = two months of weekly support groups for up to 16 women living in low-income neighborhoods
- $2,500 = full course of therapy for five women in need
- $5,000 = full course of therapy for ten women in need
The Women's Initiative is actively seeking individuals to become members of our Founder's Circle. $10,000 will place you among a group of dedicated sustaining friends who are making a financial commitment of a minimum of $30,000 over three years. Multi-year pledges from local philanthropists speak to the strength of our agency and also position us to pursue multi-year grants.
You may also earmark your gift for special programming:
- Bienestar - provides individual counseling and support groups in Spanish for Latina women in our community.
- Neighborhood Health Outreach Program at the Jefferson School City Center - provides mental and physical health treatment plans for women and children with a special focus on obesity prevention.
DONOR SPOTLIGHT: Signature Financial
“We view our long history of supporting The Women’s Initiative as a solid investment in the health of our community. Since its inception, it has been an organization that is efficient, well-managed, and most of all effective. Our job professionally is to find the best return on investment for our clients. We view our firm’s own philanthropy through the same lens. The Women’s Initiative meets all of the criteria of a great investment.” Signature Family Wealth Advisors
Signature Family Wealth Advisors is an independent, Virginia-based firm that uses a personalized approach to wealth management. Guided by clients’ individual goals and values and supported by a distinctive investment philosophy, Signature manages over $3 Billion for approximately 175 successful families. Since its founding twenty years ago, Signature has been a dedicated corporate member of the community, investing in non-profits which contribute to the improvement of the quality of life for all residents.
“Supporting The Women’s Initiative is an easy decision for Signature. We look for local nonprofits that have an important mission, quality board leadership, high caliber staffs and a track record of meaningful impact. The Women’s Initiative checks all of the boxes and more.” Wistar Morris, Principal and Client Strategist